For the first time ever, iconic country music performances from Austin City Limits, the longest-running music show in television history, are together in one deluxe DVD collection. Time Life and Austin City Limits have captured five decades of uncut performances from country music’s biggest stars in Austin City Limits Country. This one-of-a-kind 10-DVD collection features the best performances from over 40 years of legendary music shows and is available only at TimeLife.com/ACL.
Since its launch in 1974, Austin City Limits has held a special connection to country music. Beloved by artists and fans alike, the show is known for authentic music presented in live and uncut performances. The collection has been hand-selected from countless episodes in the Austin City Limits archives to highlight the greatest country performances from artists who have made history on the ACL stage.
What We Thought:
Austin City Limits Country is pretty epic. I grew up watching Austin City Limits and always enjoyed the series. It’s where I first discovered artists that might not have been my normal genre of music. This is a collection of 10 discs of the show’s best country performances and even though I’m not the biggest fan of country music, I still very much enjoyed it.
If you read me enough you know I like old school country. My dad listened to Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings and the like. Since this goes back to 1974, it has a lot of that era that I enjoy and remember. A rather clean cut Willie doing Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain in 1976 is fantastic. Willie makes several appearances throughout the series. Kris Kristofferson, Johnny Cash, Dolly Parton, Loretta Lynn, Marty Robbins, all the classic country singers you expect are here.
Plus you get artists that became popular in the 1980s, 1990s and 2000s. Kenny Chesney, Vince Gill, Tim McGraw, Keith Urban, Brooks & Dunn, Reba McEntire, George Strait and so many more. And if you want new artists, there’s Kacey Musgraves, Miranda Lambert and my personal favorite Chris Stapleton. There are over 160 live performances including some great collaborations. You’ll always have my attention with live performances from Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson and Chris Stapleton.
Austin City Limits Country is a must own for country music fans. The show was a staple of TV for decades and showcased up and coming artists, top named stars and musical collaborations. It sounds incredible and you’ll be singing along more than you realize. I’m always surprised at just how much country music I actually know when I watch collections like this.
Available now exclusively at TimeLife.com/ACL, this hand selected 10-DVD country music treasure includes:
- 164 live, uncut performances from 1974 –2018 featuring country legends and superstars performing their biggest hits including Willie Nelson’s “Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain,” Johnny Cash’s “Folsom Prison Blues,” George Strait’s “Amarillo By Morning,” Reba McEntire’s “Whoever’s In New England,” Vince Gill’s “Whenever You Come Around,” Alan Jackson’s “Livin’ On Love,” and Tim McGraw’s “Live Like You Were Dying.”
- Unforgettable collaborations including Emmylou Harris and Willie Nelson performing “Crazy,” Vince Gill and Patty Loveless singing “After The Fire Is Gone,” and Sheryl Crow and Kris Kristofferson performing “Me And Bobby McGee.”
- Special moments including Roger Miller singing “Old Friends” with Willie Nelson, Vince Gill singing “Amie” with Pure Prairie League, and Dwight Yoakam and Buck Owens singing “Streets of Bakersfield.”
- Bonus interviews with the stars including Brooks & Dunn, Kenny Chesney, Vince Gill, Alison Krauss & Union Station, Tim McGraw, Willie Nelson, Brad Paisley, Dolly Parton, Keith Urban, and more!
- FREE Bonus DVD: The Austin City Limits 1974 pilot episode featuring a complete Willie Nelson concert!
- PLUS, an exclusive collectible memory book!