Courage has no limits in the heroic action-packed film Skyscraper, arriving on Digital and via the digital movie app MOVIES ANYWHERE on September 25, 2018, and on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, DVD and On Demand on October 9, 2018. The global blockbuster from Legendary Pictures and Universal Pictures is a non-stop, emotionally visceral thrill ride following Dwayne Johnson’s (Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, Fate of the Furious,“Ballers”) character as a real-world hero who will stop at nothing while trying to save his family from a deadly blaze. With over 30 minutes of never-before-seen bonus content – including deleted scenes and exclusive bonus clips, Skyscraper is a jaw-dropping, heart-pounding, palm-sweating, visually stunning film that keeps viewers on the edge of their seat from start to finish.
Fueled with adrenaline and high impact verticality, Skyscraper is led by superstar Dwayne Johnson who plays former FBI Hostage Team leader, U.S. war veteran and amputee Will Sawyer. While on assignment in Hong Kong as an assessor for security in skyscrapers, he comes to find the tallest and safest building in the world suddenly , and he has been framed for it. Wanted and on the run, Will must find those responsible, clear his name and save his family who is trapped inside the building… above the fire line.
Hailed as “thoroughly irresistible” (Justin Chang, LA Times), Skyscraper is written and directed by Rawson Marshall Thurber (Central Intelligence, We’re the Millers) and produced by Beau Flynn (Rampage, San Andreas), Hiram Garcia (Rampage, Jumanji, San Andreas) and Johnson. The action-packed film also stars Neve Campbell (Netflix’s “House of Cards,” Scream franchise), Chin Han (The Dark Knight), Roland Møller (Land of Mine), Pablo Schreiber (Starz’s “American Gods,” 13 Hours) and Hannah Quinlivan (Moon River).
BONUS FEATURES ON DVD, 4K ULTRA HD, BLU-RAY & DIGITAL:
· Deleted Scenes with Commentary by Director Rawson Marshall Thurber – Go behind the scenes with Dwayne Johnson and the rest of the cast of Skyscraper.
· Extended Scenes with Commentary by Director Rawson Marshall Thurber
· Dwayne Johnson: Embodying a Hero – Go behind the scenes to see what it took for Dwayne Johnson to bring the intense character of Will Sawyer to life.
· Inspiration – Meet real life amputee and motivational speaker Jeff Glasbrenner, the inspiration for Dwayne Johnson’s role of Will Sawyer. See how Jeff’s consultations helped inform Dwayne’s character from day one.
· Opposing Forces – There’s no holding back as the women of Skyscraper get in on the action. Now, see first-hand what it took for Neve Campbell and Hannah Quinlivan to be fight ready.
· Friends No More – When Dwayne Johnson and Pablo Schreiber met face to face, they immediately knew what they were up against. Witness first-hand the making of the intense apartment fight between two former on-screen friends, Will and Ben.
· Kids in Action – In Skyscraper everyone gets in on the action, even the Sawyer children. Go on set with Noah Cottrell and McKenna Roberts to discover the moves behind their stunts.
· Pineapple Pitch – Hear first-hand from Dwayne Johnson how writer/director Rawson Marshall Thurber pitched him the idea of Skyscraper. It may be a little fruitier than you think.
· Feature Commentary by Director Rawson Marshall Thurber
Cast: Dwayne Johnson, Neve Campbell, Chin Han, Roland Møller, Noah Taylor, Byron Mann, Pablo Schreiber, Hannah Quinlivan
Casting By: Sarah Halley Finn CSA
Music By: Steve Jablonsky
Costume Designer: Ann Foley
Edited By: Mike Sale ACE, Julian Clarke ACE
Production Designer: James D. Bissell
Director of Photography: Robert Elswit
Executive Producers: Dany Garcia, Wendy Jacobson, Eric McLeod, Eric Hedayat
Produced By: Beau Flynn p.g.a., Dwayne Johnson, Rawson Marshall Thurber p.g.a., Hiram Garcia p.g.a.,
Written and Directed By: Rawson Marshall Thurber
TECHNICAL INFORMATION 4K ULTRA HD:
Street Date: October 9, 2018
Copyright: 2018 Universal Pictures Home Entertainment
Selection Number: 61193691 (US)
Aspect Ratio: Widescreen 16:9 2.40:1
Rating: PG-13 for sequences of gun violence and action, and for brief strong language
Video: 2160p UHD Dolby Vision/HDR 10
Languages/Subtitles: English SDH, Spanish and French Subtitles
Sound: English Dolby Digital 5.1, Dolby Atmos and Dolby Digital 2.0, Spanish and French Dolby Digital Plus 7.1
Run Time: 1 hour 42 minutes