When Mike and his girlfriend Debbie warn the local police that a gang of homicidal alien-clowns have landed in the nearby area (in a spaceship shaped like a circus big-top, no less), the cops are naturally sceptical. Before long however, reports are coming in from other anxious residents detailing similar run-ins with the large-shoed assailants.
What We Thought:
Killer Klowns from Outer Space is an all-time cult classic! The film has been released on Blu-ray before, but this is THE version to own. It’s been restored from a 4K scan and comes with a ton of bonus material.
I remember watching the film for the first time when I was home sick from school. I don’t know how long it had been out, but I saw it on cable and it’s been a cult flick to me since day one. People hate clowns and this has clowns from space terrorizing a town. Sign me up!
I hadn’t seen the movie in a while so I’m glad this came my way. It’s not a great movie when you watch it today, but to be honest, it probably wasn’t great when it came out 30 years ago. The acting is bad. The special effects are bad. It’s all bad, but that’s what makes it so good. It’s a perfect example of “So Bad It’s Good”.
I’m hoping you’ve seen the film before. If you are a nerd, you have for sure. If you haven’t, well now is your chance to remedy that. Like I said, the film has been available before, but I have to recommend this new release. It looks great. It sounds great and just go look at everything it comes with. Fans will be eating up this release. I know many fans, I’ve told people about this new release and they seem excited.
Killer Klowns from Outer Space is one of those films you need in your collection. It’s a film you have to see for both good and bad reasons. To put it simply, this is a fantastic release.
- Brand new restoration from a 4K scan of the original camera negative
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
- Newly remastered stereo 2.0 and 5.1 DTS-HD MA audio options
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Archive audio commentary with the Chiodo Brothers
- Let the Show Begin! Anatomy of a Killer Theme Song – an all-new interview with the original members of the American punk band, The Dickies
- The Chiodos Walk Among Us: Adventures in Super 8 Filmmaking – all-new documentary highlighting the making of the Chiodo Brothers childhood films, from the giant monster epics made in their basement to their experiments in college
- New HD transfers of the complete collection of the Chiodo Brothers 8mm and Super 8 films, including Land of Terror, Free Inside, Beast from the Egg, and more!
- Tales of Tobacco – an interview with star Grant Cramer
- Debbie’s Big Night – an interview with star Suzanne Snyder
- Bringing Life to These Things – a tour of Chiodo Bros. Productions
- The Making of Killer Klowns – archive production featurette
- Visual Effects with Gene Warren Jr. – archive interview with co-writer/producer Charles Chiodo and visual effects supervisor Gene Warren Jr.
- Kreating Klowns – archive interview with Charles Chiodo and creature fabricator Dwight Roberts
- Komposing Klowns – archive interview with composer John Massari
- Klown Auditions
- Deleted Scenes with filmmaker’s audio commentary
- Image galleries
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Sara Deck