IS IT A NIGHTMARE? OR IS IT… THE SLAYER?
One of the most sought-after titles for slasher fans everywhere, The Slayer finally rises from the ashes of obscurity in a brand new 4K transfer courtesy of Arrow Video.
Two young couples set off to a secluded island for what promises to be a restful retreat. But the peace is short-lived: as a storm batters the island, troubled artist Kay begins to sense that a malevolent presence is here with them, stalking them at every turn. Is she losing her mind, or are her childhood nightmares of a demonic assailant coming to terrifying life?
Previously only available on home video in truncated or full screen versions, The Slayer – whose nightmares-seeping-into-reality theme predates a certain Wes Craven classic by several years – comes lovingly restored from the original negative in a stunning transfer that will be a revelation to fans both old and new.
DIRECTOR-APPROVED SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
– Brand new restoration from a 4K scan of the original camera negative
– High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentations
– Original Mono Audio (Uncompressed PCM on the Blu-ray)
– Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
– Audio Commentary with writer/director J.S. Cardone, actress Carol Kottenbrook and executive in charge of production Eric Weston, moderated by Ewan Cant
– Audio Commentary with The Hysteria Continues
– Isolated Score Selections and Audio Interview with Composer Robert Folk
– Nightmare Island: The Making of The Slayer – documentary featuring interviews with J.S. Cardone, Carol Kottenbrook, Eric Weston, producer William Ewing, director of photography Karen Grossman, camera operator/2nd Unit DOP/still photographer Arledge Armenaki, special creature and make-up effects ceator Robert Short and “Slayer” performer Carl Kraines
– Return to Tybee: The Locations of The Slayer – featurette revisiting the shooting locations on Tybee Island, Georgia
– The Tybee Post Theater Experience – join the audience of the Tybee Post Theater (one of the film’s key locations) for this very special home-town screening of The Slayer! Includes event introduction, feature-length audience reaction track and post screening Q&A with Arledge Armenaki and Ewan Cant
– Still Gallery
– Original Theatrical Trailer
FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Collector’s booklet featuring new liner notes by writer Lee Gambin
Street Date: 08/29/17
PreBook Date: 07/18/17
Label: Arrow Video »
Run Time: 90 mins
Number of Discs: 2
Year of Production: 1982
Director: J.S. Cardone
Actors: Sarah Kendall, Frederick Flynn, Carol Kottenbrook